Re: mod_disk_cache and php

Notice here as well that this person seemed to have the same problem and his logs also indicate that a ? was appended for the storing of the cache: http://apache-http-server.18135.n6.nabble.com/users-httpd-Cached-responses-in-mod-cache-mod-mem-cache-not-always-sent-td4739031.html

-Will

----- Original Message ----- From: <william.leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:51 AM
Subject:  mod_disk_cache and php

httpd 2.2.22

I have the frontend set up to serve static content and to be a reverse proxy to the backend to handle php requests. The front end is set with mod_disk_cache as well. With the proper header, it caches php files just fine. The problem is that it saves it with a question mark at the end (?). For example in the debug logs I see the saving of test.php as test.php?. So when I request the page again, it doesn't retrieve the cache. If I make the request as http://www.example.com/test.php? it works fine. Of course if I do this in IE directly, it removes the ? from it, so I use Fiddler2 and send the request through it to ensure it sends. And the logs indicate that it pulls it from cache. Using something like test.php?a=1 also works just fine. It doesn't append the question mark when saving it, and it recalls the cache just fine.

CacheRoot /home/httpd/example.com/disk_cache/
CacheEnable disk /
CacheDirLevels 5
CacheDirLength 3
ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/