Re: Apache + Tomcat Load Balancing

Last but not the least mod_proxy_balancer supports AJP protocol :)

-Anam

From: Anam Ali Khan <anamalikhan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Kashif Rahman <kashif.rahman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 March 2012, 23:07
Subject: Re: Apache + Tomcat Load Balancing

Dear Kashif, as per your comments below:

We are using mod_proxy_ajp

Tomcat is clustered. Session replication works, if single Apache is handling 2 tomcat instances. When we start second Apache, tomcat session replication stops. We want to have failover for PHP side too.

Why are you using mod_proxy_ajp module. You should use mod_proxy_balancer. For PHP load balancing and session stickiness it can easily be implemented using cookie based approach.

And one more interesting thing is that you should use less request counting method to handle Load Balancing efficiently.

Please follow the documentation carefully. You can achieve your goal instead of HAproxy solution.

Thanks,
Anam