Re: Help with mod_fcgid 2.2

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Morse, Richard E.MGH
<REMORSE@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> I'd be lying if I said that moving to 2.3.x would magically solve all
>> your problems, but it is better documented and various folks that hang
>> out on this list are familiar with it.
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/
>> http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html
>
> Ideally, I would move to 2.3.x. But there is no package available for it for this OS (as I said, I don't manage the box), so I would have to compile it myself, and as there *is* a mod_fcgid package installed, I would be competing with the package management system, and am likely to have my module overwritten...
>
> If I can't get anything to work otherwise, I will probably go this route, but it's my last choice...
>
>> Untested, but try this type of configuration:
>>
>> <Location /myapp/>
>> SetHandler prettify
>> Action prettify /tools/prettify.pl
>> </Location>
>>
>> <Directory /www/tools/>
>> Options +ExecCGI
>> SetHandler fcgid-script
>> </Directory>
>
> I think I must be missing something here.
>
> I have the following layout
>
>        /var/www/html
>                - docs  [the document root]
>                - provider [ the psgi app I'm trying to run]
>
> I then have an alias statement
>
>        Alias /provider /var/www/html/provider
>
> If I do
>
>        AddHandler fcgid-script psgi
>        <Location "/provider">
>                SetHandler provider-app
>                Action provider-app "/provider/app.psgi" virtual
>        </Location>
>
> I get an error about recursion.
>
> If I change the location to <Location "/provider2">, I get a 404 page not found.
>
> If I add the stanza
>
>        <Directory "/var/www/html/provider">
>                Options +ExecCGI
>                SetHandler fcgid-script
>        </Directory>
>
> this doesn't seem to change anything.
>
> I'm not sure what I should be doing? I think there's some basic issue with Alias/Action/AddHandler/SetHandler that I'm missing, and the documentation doesn't seem to be helping.

I think the big issue is that in the location with the documents (to
be processed by the FastCGI app) you want the handler to be something
defined by Action, and for the script itself you want the handler to
be fcgid-script.

Possibly I can try out a better matching example later today or
tomorrow if that doesn't help.

> Ricky

> dispose of the e-mail.

Born in Roswell... married an alien...