Re: Help with mod_fcgid 2.2

On Feb 24, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I'd be lying if I said that moving to 2.3.x would magically solve all
> your problems, but it is better documented and various folks that hang
> out on this list are familiar with it.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/
> http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html

Ideally, I would move to 2.3.x. But there is no package available for it for this OS (as I said, I don't manage the box), so I would have to compile it myself, and as there *is* a mod_fcgid package installed, I would be competing with the package management system, and am likely to have my module overwritten...

If I can't get anything to work otherwise, I will probably go this route, but it's my last choice...

> Untested, but try this type of configuration:
>
> <Location /myapp/>
> SetHandler prettify
> Action prettify /tools/prettify.pl
> </Location>
>
> <Directory /www/tools/>
> Options +ExecCGI
> SetHandler fcgid-script
> </Directory>

I think I must be missing something here.

I have the following layout

	/var/www/html
		- docs  [the document root]
		- provider [ the psgi app I'm trying to run]

I then have an alias statement

	Alias /provider /var/www/html/provider

If I do

	AddHandler fcgid-script psgi
	<Location "/provider">
		SetHandler provider-app
		Action provider-app "/provider/app.psgi" virtual
	</Location>

I get an error about recursion.

If I change the location to <Location "/provider2">, I get a 404 page not found.

If I add the stanza

	<Directory "/var/www/html/provider">
		Options +ExecCGI
		SetHandler fcgid-script
	</Directory>

this doesn't seem to change anything.

I'm not sure what I should be doing? I think there's some basic issue with Alias/Action/AddHandler/SetHandler that I'm missing, and the documentation doesn't seem to be helping.

Ricky

dispose of the e-mail.