Re: Authenticate/Authorize user based on group with apache and mysql

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:39:20 +0100
Niklas Johansson <nicssoft@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Do you know when it will be delivered with any stable version? Since
> we are looking for a beta version in my project right now, we can wait
> a little bit with this. But in a while we have to make sure that we
> add this security level.

It's in current 2.3.x beta releases, and will be in 2.4.x once a
release in the stable branch is made.  If your project is in
beta, why not adopt 2.3 as your standard to work with?

Currently GA is very much on the agenda, but there are known
showstoppers on the Windows platform.  So the argument is whether
to release as "GA for *X but stick to 2.2 if on windows" or to
hold back until those problems are fixed.

> In worst case, are there any instructions for compiling apache with
> this module?

Same as any module.  Either build trunk or any 2.3.x from source
or use apxs to add it to an existing build.

--
Nick Kew