Memory Leak when working with AliasMatch and Cache

Hi all,

We have just witnessed a memory leak in the case of Apache 2.2.16 with WinOpenSSL running on Windows when downloading a file that is served from the disk via the AliasMatch directive and does not reside in the cache but is configured as cacheable.

In this case, we see that the child process memory grows by the same size as the size of the file being downloaded and the memory usage does not decline.  After this initial download, the file is cached and when downloading the file again, there is no memory leak.

We have also sent that when Apache is configured not to cache this file and it is served via AliasMatch there is no leak.

Anyone seen this before?  Aware of a filed bug for this issue?

Thanks,

Ofer Israeli

Team Leader, Endpoint Security Management

Check Point Software Technologies

( +972-3-753-4715 | M +972-54-749-0320