Re: Apache 2.2.3 Session tracking

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Pranesh Vadhirajan
<vadhirajan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did not know that I need to have my list in shared memory (I assume that's what you're referring to as shm in your response).  This is the type of thing that I wanted to know in my question.  Is there a way to add my linked list into shared memory? I will search for this on the web, but a quick heads-up on how to do this would be much appreciated. Also, what is modules@ ?

shm is POSIX shared memory (man shm_open).

You need to do something to account for how Apache operates. In the
typical prefork MPM, one apache process starts, and spawns several
children. The parent process accepts connections and hands them off to
its children. Each request could be handled by a different child
process, or the same one.

modules@ is an apache list for module developers:

http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev

Cheers