Re: Slow transfer speed of AoE

Firstly, I don't know.

Secondly, one thing to always check are caching effects.

So you cannot be sure that you're getting 55 or 35 MBps unless you know that you're not just measuring reads and writes from RAM.  The kernel, if left alone, will aggressively attempt to make sure that's what happens.

Some good tools are the drop_caches file under /proc/sys/vm (with documentation in the kernel source, unfortunately), the boot parameter("mem=") that allows you to use less than the installed amount of RAM, and workloads for testing that include more data than can fit into RAM.