Re: AoE performance on small boxes

Hello Catalin,

vblade vs aoede fork:
vblade itself looks more like a minimalistic 'AoE technology demo' project,
and I suspect that including such thinks that I made run counter to
project's 'philosophy'. ABout splitting read-ahead code: it requires
asynchronous IO so splitting to use in vblade will require writing
code that deals with Posix AIO, otherwise it will be Linux-only.

Winaoe:
Its possible to generate crashdump manually:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff545499(v=vs.85).aspx
Usually it works (if all CPUs are not locked on too high IRQL). But
from you description seems my changes didn't fix this.
About name: seems you're right, and I better will rename project instead
of bothering its initial author. Let it be AoE Disk.. (will complete
all rename-related changes bit later)

--
Best regards,
 Killer{R}                            mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxx