another proposed protocol optimization...

Hello aoetools-discuss,

  ..coalesced read requests. Its quite an expensive to send 60-bytes
  packet per every MTU-sized read. I did experimental read requests
  coalesting in my forked project and it noticable decreased
  packets-per-second rate and also reduced target's CPU usage.
  I did this by appending bunch of such structures prepended by uchar
  indicated their count just after normal Read command packet:
  struct AtaCoalescedRead
  {
        uchar   tag[4];
        uchar   lba[6];
        uchar   resvd[5];
        uchar   sectors;
  };
  + added feature negotiation command so initiator can negitiate with
  target using of that improvement without losing backward compatibility

--
Best regards,
 Killer{R}                          mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxx