Re: "ring gfx timeout" with Vega 64 on mesa 19.0.0-rc2 and kernel 5.0.0-rc6 (GPU reset still not works)

Looks like you are still running this without the latest hang fix since i see the deadlock again, but actually what i forgot to ask you is to load amdgpu with vm_fault_stop=2 to freeze the ASIC once VM_FAULT is encountered - sorry about that. So please retest with amdgpu.vm_fault_stop=2 parameter in GRUB loader.

Andrey

On 2/13/19 3:08 PM, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 23:40, Grodzovsky, Andrey <Andrey.Grodzovsky@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Regarding the original VM_FAULT we can try to debug that a bit to - enable this from trace-cmd
>
> sudo trace-cmd start -e dma_fence -e gpu_scheduler -e amdgpu -v -e "amdgpu:amdgpu_mm_rreg" -e "amdgpu:amdgpu_mm_wreg" -e "amdgpu:amdgpu_iv"
>
> and when the hang happens
>
> as root
> cd /sys/kernel/debug/tracing && cat trace > event_dump
>
> + as usual would be nice to have the relevant wave dump and registers from UMR + dmesg.
>
> Andrey

Just in case, I duplicated all the files on the  file sharing service Mega:

--
Best Regards,
Mike Gavrilov.