Re: "ring gfx timeout" with Vega 64 on mesa 19.0.0-rc2 and kernel 5.0.0-rc6 (GPU reset still not works)

On 2/12/19 7:34 AM, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> Hi folks. Sorry for noise.
> But I really don't know Is it enough to send my logs or not.
> As I am understand different sequences may cause "ring gfx timeout".
> I am also not hear which version I need wait or which patch I needs
> apply before testing again.
> But today I again reproduced "ring gfx timeout" on latest kernel and mesa.
> Kernel: 5.0.0-0.rc6
> Mesa: 19.0.0-rc2
> LLVM: 7.0.1
>
> Also I saw in kernel log the line "amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: GPU reset
> begin!" but it not helps prevent computer from hanging.
>
> I want to ask about my expectations. Is right that after "GPU reset
> begin!" GPU finally resume work? Or my expectations are vainly?

It should recover you - so this looks like a bug. I noticed in one of
the call traces this - drm_atomic_helper_suspend which points to system
going into sleep mode, is it what happened, did it hang when system
tried to sleep ?

Andrey