amdgpu with 8+ cards for GPU mining?

I'm attempting to use amdgpu with the B250 mining expert motherboard for
GPU mining of ethereum.  The MB can handle 19 cards.  When I have more than
six cards, X11 stops working but I can still handle text console.  At nine
cards, I get the attached kernel oops on boot.

This is running with the drm-next-4.17-wip branch.

Also would love to get this working with rocm