Re: 6.11/regression/bisected - after commit 1b04dcca4fb1, launching some RenPy games causes computer hang

Hi Mikhail,

I've tried to align my system with yours as best as I can, but so far, I've had
no luck reproducing the hang. A video of what I'm doing:
https://youtu.be/VeD-LPCnfWM?si=b2baF8MyDBuU4jRH
(Under the hood, the W7900 and 7900xt should be the same)

I have a few suggestions:

First, can you also open an issue on the amd gitlab tracker? It gives more
visibility to others, and makes working together a bit easier:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues

Second, can you try adding "amdgpu.dcdebugmask=0x40" to your kernel cmdline at
boot, and see if you can still repro the hang?

This setting disables hw planes. If it resolves the hang, then it's quite
interesting, because it suggests that gnome may be using direct-scanout via hw
planes. We may need to align our gnome configuration in that case, since I don't
see any additional hw planes being used on my setup.

Third, in case these two issues are related, can you give the attached patch on
this issue thread a try as well?
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/3569#note_2558359

Thanks,
Leo