[AMDGPU][CIK] PRIME with DRI3 + stalls rendering

On Monday, November 14, 2016 3:40:17 PM EST Shawn Starr wrote:
> On Monday, November 14, 2016 10:40:17 AM EST Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On 13/11/16 06:59 AM, Shawn Starr wrote:
> > > I'm currently trying the new fence patches that prevent tearing in PRIME
> > > on
> > > Bonaire CIK, it works with no tearing with latest patches from Mario,
> > > but
> > > there is significant frame stalls, even though the performance is higher
> > > than running the AMDGPU as dedicated.
> >
> > Please elaborate on what "frame stalls" means exactly.
>
> It looks like vsync issues, even though if I try vblank_mode=# it still
> shows stalling.
>
> I'll have to make a video to show the results and post link here.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

So, It turns out to be KDE (Kwin) fault, if I start a GNOME session, and run
Valley, no such stalls. Even though I told KWIN to disable Vsync completely
and disable composite on full screen windows. Seems it doesn't work right.

Consider the PRIME patches working for me.

Thanks,
Shawn