Re: sound/usb kernel modules as a DKMS package.

On Monday, 2 September 2019, 14:31:24 BST, Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > https://github.com/HinTak/sound-usb-dkms

> As a quick glance, the repository is just for deb-based distributions.
> From my experience, users who eager to use the latest source codes tend
> to use Arch Linux and Gentoo Linux. It's helpful for the users to
> include some instructions just to use the code with DKMS system. Then
> you could get any feedback from them as well.

I added some quick instructions for non-Ubuntu/Debian systems. On the whole, it doesn't really add much to the work, as the debian packaging process really just auto-generates/insert the module version into the dkms.conf template I wrote. So for non-Ubuntu/Debian system, it is a matter of deciding on a version and edit/insert it manually, and copy the rest into the right place onto a system.