Re: Subwoofers aren't working on ALC298 (Lenovo Yoga C930 Laptop)

Hi David,

Thanks very much for helping me look into this.

Have you tried any other distribution, something more normal like latest
Fedora or Ubuntu ? Does the subwoofers work there ?

I just tried an Ubuntu live USB disk. I can't get subwoofers to work there, either.
If you run Ubuntu/Fedora you can check the sound settings and pavucontrol
there is selection of speakers usually 2.1 5.1... try those ?

I don't see any option for that in pavucontrol on Ubuntu.

And you have to make sure those [pincfgs] match with your Windows10
registry of the driver's PinConfigOverride.

Awesome. How can I find these settings? I checked in regedit and searched for `pinconfigoverride` and `pincfg`, but nothing's coming up. I also grepped all the driver files for those expressions, but nothing's coming up there, either. Do you know if these settings are called something
else?

You happen to have Windows running on that machine and can extract the pinconfigoverride or have .ini of the driver? I can help you compare
those.

Yep, I have the Windows 10 driver files, but there is no .ini file, as far as I can tell. There are lots of text files that look like they could be configuration files of some sort. Which one(s) should I be looking for?
Best,

Jonathan