Re: Driver code with mpc5200 pointer problem.

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> Well, I think it'd be better, at this moment for 2.6.30, to allow
> problematic drivers to skip the jiffies check.  Adding the fundamental
> change at this late stage is bad, especially if the change wasn't
> tested much by many others and has an influence on user-side API.
>
> So, as I proposed, we can simply add the pcm info check, and add
> BATCH flag to needed drivers.  Of course, it still requires some
> more testing, but basically it'll take back to the old behavior and
> should be safer.
>
> Meanwhile, applying the delay account patch now for 2.6.31 should be
> good (ealier is better).  It doesn't conflict with the info flag
> check, so we can work parallel.

Could we just add the runtime->delay variable without touching other code
(pcm status), to correct the jiffies based check now? It seems like a good
step forward to me and the lowlevel drivers will be more prepared for next
PCM midlevel code changes.

 						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>