Re: Backported sbxfi driver, possible fix

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Sat, 25 Oct 2008 21:42:55 +0200,
> Thomas Scheunemann wrote:
>
>>> My solution is to use roundup_pow_of_two() instead of the own
>>> funciton.  This should work better in general.
>>>
>> I certainly agree that it is better to use an already defined function
>> instead of reinventing the wheel.
>>

>>> Anyway, I updated the repo (and rebased, sorry), updated the snapshot,
>>> too.
>>>
>> But this new version causes an immediate reboot on my machine even with
>> the previously working speaker-test. If I interpret linux/log2.h correctly
>> the desired function should be order_base_2 instead of roundup_pow_of_two.
>> At least it works for me after that exchange.
>>

> Oh my.  You're right, it must be order_base_2(), of course.
> I was too hurry to fix a bug after the server crash :)
>
> Now fixed and updated.  Thanks!

Latest unstable (25Oct 19:57) works from command line with mplayer,
without the proc oss fix.
aplay still works but only with dmix.
Now also almost working in gnome with pulse, sound is recognisable but
with lots of interference/corruption.
Machine did not crash at any point!

This was running on 2.6.26... is this a problem? SUPPORTED_KERNELS says
2.6.25 or earlier?

Jason