Re: How to handle complex Codec2Codec

Hi Mark

> > I think we can learn how Codec2Codec is working, and apply it to DPCM
> > somehow. Then, if we can handle above via DPCM, I guess normal Codec2Codec
> > also can be handled via DPCM ?
>
> I think that would cause trouble, with DPCM all the CPU drivers know
> about each other and it's all horribly fragile.  With two CODECs there's
> no CPU involved so the CPU drivers wouldn't know what's going on, I'd
> expect that at best the code would end up looking similar and we'd not
> gain much.  It's possible I'm not seeing something though.

Hmm...
Because Sound data path can be more complex from HW point of view,
and customer want to use it. And this trend will be increase/continue.
But it seems current ALSA SoC can't handle it in good way.

Unfortunately, indeed DPCM is fragile. We want to keep compatible,
and thus updating it to expand feature is not good idea, IMO.

We want to have new style connection which is more flexible, and is
possible to handle all connection in same way ?
... that may be an exaggeration.

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards
---