Re: [RFC 00/xx] ALSA: ALSA: add snd_stream_is_playback/capture()

On Fri, 19 Jul 2024 01:34:01 +0200,
Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> Hi Iwai-san, Mark
>
> Current many drivers are using below code to know its direction.
>
> 	if (direction == SNDRV_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK)
>
> I think it should be handled by function. But is it acceptable idea ?

Is the conversion just for readability / consistency reason?
Or would it bring other benefit like code safety?
Honestly speaking, I see no big advantage of conversion, if it's only
about the readability.

> Because it will be too many patch-set, I want to know it was acceptable
> idea or not before posting patch-bomb.

A generic macro like Amadeusz suggested would be an interesting idea,
and that can be seen as a cleanup.  But the straightforward conversion
for the mass, I don't know whether it's worth...

thanks,

Takashi