Re: echo-cancellation plugin advice?

Hi Everyone

I arrived at this thread because I need to implement an acoustic echo canceller based on the Speex library. I think that the Speex plugin available under 'alsa-plugins' repository would be the best starting point, but I need to provide as input both the streams (input and output).
For what I understand the current implementation provides just one input (the audio stream coming from the MIC) and so it can't remove the echo of the playback audio. It works as a filter as explained before. Right?
Please can you suggest some hints provide both the recording source and the playback stream as one input to an ALSA plugin? Is it doable anyhow?

Thanks in advance for your help

Fabio Antonini