Re: Still have choppy audio using 1.0.17

Gustavo da Silva Serra wrote:

> It silences a whole period because the pointer inside aloop behaves like
> that. Logging the pointer inside aloop I discovered that it is
> incremented so fast inside timer function that when pointer function is
> called, the pointer is not being incremented anymore. It is like a
> concurrency issue: first the pointer will be incremented many times,
> after that, the pointer function will be called many times with the same
> pointer value. Later, the pointer will be incremented some more, and so
> on...
> I wonder if this is not the problem, logging the pointer for my sound
> card I see a different behavior: the pointer function return offset
> between two periods.

Sounds like this is a critical section that has no
protection.  So the sequence is messed up.  In the
regular sound card, there must be a semaphore or block
to prevent this kind of behavior.  You could probably
add the logic from the regular card to the aloop
function and fix it.