Re: USB-Audio regression on behringer UMC404HD

On Tue, 03 Jan 2023 10:07:42 +0100,
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> [TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
> regressions; all text you find below is based on a few templates
> paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.
> See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]
>
> [CCing alsa maintainers]
>
> On 02.01.23 18:29, Michael Ralston wrote:
> > I'm currently experiencing a regression with the audio on my Behringer
> > U-Phoria UMC404HD.
> >
> > Alsa info is at:
> > http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=f453b8cd0248fb5fdfa38e1b770e774102f66135
> >
> > I get no audio in or out for this device with kernel versions 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.
> >
> > The versions I have tried that work correctly include 5.15.86 LTS,
> > 5.19.12, and 6.0.13–16.
> >
> > When I run this on 6.1.1, it will just hang until I ctrl+c:
> > aplay -D plughw:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
> >
> > I've run strace on that command, and its output is at:
> > https://pastebin.com/WaxJpTMe
> >
> > Nothing out of the ordinary occurs when aplay is run, according to the
> > kernel logs.
> >
> > Please let me know how I can provide additional debugging information
> > if necessary.

Please boot with snd_usb_audio.dyndbg=+p option, and get the kernel
logs in both working and non-working cases.

I guess it's a regression due to the hw_params/prepare split, but need
to check more details.

thanks,

Takashi