Re: USB-Audio regression on behringer UMC404HD

[TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
regressions; all text you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.
See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

[CCing alsa maintainers]

On 02.01.23 18:29, Michael Ralston wrote:
> I'm currently experiencing a regression with the audio on my Behringer
> U-Phoria UMC404HD.
>
> Alsa info is at:
> http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=f453b8cd0248fb5fdfa38e1b770e774102f66135
>
> I get no audio in or out for this device with kernel versions 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.
>
> The versions I have tried that work correctly include 5.15.86 LTS,
> 5.19.12, and 6.0.13–16.
>
> When I run this on 6.1.1, it will just hang until I ctrl+c:
> aplay -D plughw:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
>
> I've run strace on that command, and its output is at:
> https://pastebin.com/WaxJpTMe
>
> Nothing out of the ordinary occurs when aplay is run, according to the
> kernel logs.
>
> Please let me know how I can provide additional debugging information
> if necessary.

Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced v6.0..v6.1
#regzbot title alsa: usb: audio stopped working
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply and tell me -- ideally
while also telling regzbot about it, as explained by the page listed in
the footer of this mail.

Reminder for developers: When fixing the issue, add 'Link:' tags
pointing to the report (see page linked in footer for details).

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.