Front Audio (Headphone) and Optical Not Working in Rocky Linux 9

With Rocky Linux 9 (clone of RHEL 9), I do not get audio of the front headphone jack or the optical output on the back.  I do get audio out of the line out on the back.  The front port does not work with Rocky Linux 8, Ubuntu and Fedora, and I did not test the optical.  With Windows, the front jack works as expected with the realtek driver installed, and I did not test the optical on Windows.

The output of /usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh is here: http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=0d71a1351cd49f220c36fe69cc9af93f1d71ee3c

I built the computer with a Gigabyte Z690 AERO G motherboard that has a realtek alc4080 codec and Intel Z690 chipset.

With Rocky Linux 9, without the headphones plugged in the sounds settings show:
  digital output (s/sdif) - usb
  hdmi/displayport-built-in audio

when plug in headphones in the front jack “headphones - usb audio” appears and disappears when I unplug the headphones.

If I use the following command, I can hear the audio clip through the headphones:
  aplay -D plughw:Audio,1 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav

If I use the following command, I can hear the audio clip through the optical:
  aplay -D plughw:Audio,2 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav

I’m using alsa-lib 1.2.7 from the Rocky Linux repo.  I tried to compile 1.2.8  from source but when I run “./configure” I got the error:
  ./configure: line 2998: syntax error near unexpected token `external'
  ./configure: line 2998: `AM_GNU_GETTEXT(external)'

I noticed https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/blob/master/ucm2/USB-Audio/USB-Audio.conf has more If.realtek-alc4080 entries.  When I copied the If.realtek-alc4080 section into /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/USB-Audio/USB-Audio.conf and /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/conf.d/USB-Audio/USB-Audio.conf, and after I rebooted, I get the same performance.

One thing I noticed in https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/blob/master/ucm2/USB-Audio/USB-Audio.conf is the only Gigabyte entry under If.realtek-alc4080 is “Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro AX”.  I see other manufactures have  Intel Z690 chipset support but not Gigabyte.

I’m not sure if I’m hitting a bug or if my motherboard is not supported.  Please point me in the correct direction if this isn’t an AlSA issue.  I posted the Rocky Linux forum but was not able to resolve the issue.

Brian