Tthinkpad Z13 No Sound From Builtin Laptop Speakers - Possible Problems From Codecs ALC287 And ALC3306

Hello, all;

I've discovered that on the Thinkpad Z13 latpop the builtin speakers don't work. When plugging in headphones through the headphone jack sound is played from the
headphones, however no sound has ever been heard from the speakers.

There's already been many complaints leveled against the codecs used by this laptop, namely ALC3306 and ALC287 (the Lenovo spec sheet says the codec used
is ALC3306 however alsa displays ALC287).

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to resolve this issue, and more importantly how can this issue be prevented for other laptops with similar specs.

Below is an output of some relevant commands

$ aplay -l
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Generic_1 [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALC287 Analog [ALC287 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

$ aplay -L
null
default
    Default ALSA Output (currently PipeWire Media Server)
pipewire
    PipeWire Sound Server
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=1
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 1
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=2
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 2
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 3
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=4
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 4
    HDMI Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=Generic_1
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
    Front output / input
surround21:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
surround41:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
surround50:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
surround51:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
surround71:CARD=Generic_1,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ALC287 Analog
7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakersnull

Thanks in advance.

Ben Raskin