Re: ESI reply!! (MAYA44 datasheet request)

Piotr Makowski wrote:
> Hi Piotr,
>
> thank you very much for your email.
> The data sheet and information you request does not exist in any format that
> we could provide and frankly, we are way too busy with our normal work to
> prepare something like that in a way that would be of general use and would
> resemble what you require in your request.

<snip>
> Please don't get me wrong, I understand what you want and where you are
> coming from, but this direct contact with the developer is a basic
> requirement for us - sorry.
> Best regards,
> Claus Riethmueller
> Managing Director ESI Audiotechnik GmbH

Hi,

So, basically, ESI cannot help us.
I am amazed that they can write any sort of driver without some sort of
datasheet.
But I do know it does happen, because I have received datasheets that
were only written years after a particular sound card was first sold.
I would like to stress, that the datasheet does not have to be perfect.
We would be quite happy if it has spelling mistakes in, and some wrongly
labeled registers.
I have received datasheets from other manufactures where some engineer
has just scribbled some notes on the back of a piece of paper.
The important point I am trying to make is that the data about the sound
card does not have to prettily laid out or even 100% accurate. We just
need something that helps save us time in developing a driver. Ideally,
it should be in some editable electronic format, so that ALSA developers
can edit and correct errors in the document as and when they find them.

Now, if ESI cannot even provide this, we should highlight ESI in RED in
the sound card matrix.

Kind Regards

James