Re: isa_bus: sb8

On 03/18/2007 01:56 AM, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:

(I'll look at the sb8 autoprobe issue)

>> By the way -- are you in fact using a SG NX Pro? Not a SG NX Pro 16 or
>> some other 16-bit SG? The NX Pro should have an FCCID of I38-MMSD802. If
>> you are in fact using a 16-bit SG the card's better of being used in
>> it's native WSS mode, though snd-sgalaxy.

For the archives -- an "NX Pro 16" actually uses an AZT2316 chipset and
should use the snd-azt2320 driver. The Sound Galaxy Nova 16, Nova 16
Extra, Orion 16 and Pro 16 use the sbd-sgalaxy driver.

> The FCCID is I38-SGNXPRO.

Thanks, yes, that's a "real SB8 clone" as well. Don't have one...

The newer Sound Galaxy 16-bit boards also have just the base 0x220/0x240
jumper and use the EEPROM for the other settings. At least the WSS IRQ
and DMA channel on those can actually be set by software and I sort of
suspect this might also be the case for the your card in fact, but well,
no idea how and no hardware to try.

Rene.