Re: pcm_multi broken in alsa-lib - no duplex mode

Dear Takashi

I think I have another pointer which may help solve this problem.

The libasound.so.2.0.0 compiled using the pcm_multi in alsa-lib-1.0.13
has a compiled size of 719.6 kB on openSUSE 10.2.

The patched pcm_multi (that is the unlinked version from
alsa-lib-1.0.8)  has a complied size of 2.6 MB.

To my naive way of thinking, the current pcm_multi forgets to compile
63% of the code..!

Further, no complicated hardware is needed to test the pcm_multi in
duplex mode.

Any sound card can be used that has an alsa-driver similar to ca0106
whereby the surround sound outputs are assigned to two or more devices -
each device being a stereo pair. Use the function type "multi" in
asound.conf to combine all the devices back to one virtual hardware and
then try using the "combined" virtual driver in duplex mode, e.g from
QJackCtl.

Best reagrds, Simon