amixer bug

Hi,
  I defined a new SNDRV_CTL_ELEM_IFACE_MIXER in the hdsp driver and tried to use it from amixer and got some strange behaviour. I set the control up as follows:

static int snd_hdsp_info_dds_offset(struct snd_kcontrol *kcontrol, struct snd_ctl_elem_info *uinfo)
{
    uinfo->type = SNDRV_CTL_ELEM_TYPE_INTEGER;
    uinfo->count = 1;
    uinfo->value.integer.min = -100;
    uinfo->value.integer.max = 100;
    return 0;
}

amixer correctly indicates that the default 0 value is equivalent to 50%. If I set the value using the % syntax all is well:

0% -> -100
25% -> -50
50% -> 0
100% -> 100

But if I use the absolute notation then it rejects negative numbers.

If I use the incremental notation something even stranger happens. If the current value is positive, all is well. If the current value is +5 and I decrement by 10 then it correctly sets to -5, but if the current value is -5 and I decrement by 10 it sets the value to +100 (ie the maximum).

So there are two problems:

1) negative numbers are not allowed on the command line
2) decrementing doesn't work when the current value is negative.

I tried to raise this as a bug but I've forgotten my password and bugzilla refuses to send a reminder to my registered account (this one).
cheers

Julian