Re: Sound

chmod 660 /dev/snd/*

When you did a "chgrp audio /dev/snd/*", that corrected the group membership
issue with the users.  However, if you see the permission bits:
    crw------- 1 root root 116,  0 Feb  8 11:21 controlC0
    user  group  other
Only the user has read and write permissions.  The chmod (change mode) command
up top should correct that and give you something like
    crw-rw---- 1 root root 116,  0 Feb  8 11:21 controlC0
    user  group  other
    rw-   rw-    ---

"man 1 chmod" for more details.