Re: Sound

Hi Frederico,

Thanks for your response.  I get the following:

[robo9@robo9 dev]$ ls -l /dev/snd
total 0
crw------- 1 root root 116,  0 Feb  8 11:21 controlC0
crw------- 1 root root 116, 16 Feb  8 11:21 pcmC0D0p
crw------- 1 root root 116,  1 Feb  8 11:21 seq
crw------- 1 root root 116, 33 Feb  8 11:21 timer

which confirms my suspicion.  I changed group to audio and added user
to that group.  I changed permission.  But still no luck.  I get the
following from aplay:

[robo9@robo9 Desktop]$ aplay BWV535.wav
ALSA lib confmisc.c:672:(snd_func_card_driver) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:3492:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:3492:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1072:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:3492:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such device
ALSA lib conf.c:3961:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such device
ALSA lib pcm.c:2099:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
aplay: main:547: audio open error: No such device

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

John

John