Re: What sound card?

I have been searching for a way to get coax spdif out of a Linux 2.4 system at 24 bit, 96 kHz.  I have been unsuccessful.

Through much research, we have found that regardless of what we try...we are not going to get 24 bit, 96 kHz coax spdif out of 2.4.  I have received NO responses from the dev groups.

I think the real question that I need to ask the alsa-dev group is if I am using Linux 2.6 (SUSI) or any Linux...what soundcard is the best to get coax spdif out...at the above rate.

Thanks.

Marion