Re: Conexant

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 00:08 +0000, ligu wrote:
ot sound today!
I have a Toshiba P100-293 with the Conexant chip.
After a bios update (3.30 from toshibas eu site),
alsa 1.0.14rc2 (--with-cards=hda-intel) and
a fixed dsdt, now I have sound even with acpi=on.
The sound is not of the best quality but working!
Glad to hear it.  I'm currently working on the driver (now that I have documentation), and would welcome your input on what works/doesn't work.

Here's a checklist I'm sending to the other testers.  Fill it out and send it directly to me (don't need to flood the devel mailing list).

--
Tobin Davis <tdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
| System Model  			   |                                   |

|                               External Speakers                              |
+----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Produce sound?                               |                               |
+----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Volume controlled by the Headphones channel? |                               |
+----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Muted by muting the Headphones channel?      |                               |
+----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Volume controlled by any other channel?      |                               |
+----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Muted by muting any other channel?           |                               |
+----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+

|                                  Internal Mic                                |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Captures sound?                          |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Volume controlled by the IntMic channel? |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Muted by muting the IntMic channel?      |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Mutes ExtMic when selected?              |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

|                                  External Mic                                |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Captures sound?                          |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Volume controlled by the ExtMic channel? |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Muted by muting the ExtMic channel?      |                                   |
+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Mutes IntMic when selected?              |                                   |

|                               Physical Controls                              |
| Mute works on selected channel (Master or Headphones)? |                     |
| Volume controlled by Up/Down buttons?                  |                     |
| The Up button unmutes channel if it was muted?         |                     |
| The Down button mutes channel if volume reaches 0%?    |                     |