Re: A: VIA Technologies Inc. VT1720/24

At Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:29:50 +0100,
Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:

> Hello Takashi!
>
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:19:51PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > IMO, it'd be better to split the changes to two patches, one for
> > cleaning up the above (merge to a single struct, add const and change
> > the struct definition), and another to add 7.1 Hifi definition.
> >
> > Could you work on these two patches?
>
> Attached are 5 patches:
> 1. Reorganize existing eeprom data
> 2. Add Prodigy 7.1 Hifi
> 3. Add "const" to files in pci/ice1712/
> 4. Add some more "const", but needs changes in i2c/other/ak4*
> 5. Add even more "const" to everything related to TLV.
>
> The patches apply in that order. Each step in between does compile
> without warnings, but I only did test-run the version with all 5 patches
> applied.
> The first 2 are the important ones, the other three are more or less
> cosmetic.

Thanks for the patches.  Now I applied 4 clean up patches (and fixed
some warnings), committed to HG tree.

But the patch for Prodigy 7.1 Hifi is still pending since another
deveopment by Konstantin is ongoing, too.  Could you both of you
cooperate to make more solid support for that hardware?

Of course, I can take one of your patches as a prototype, and make it
merged to the standard tree as a start up.  Anyway, I'd like hear the
opinions from both of you at first.

thanks,

Takashi