Re: PROBLEM: Probable kernel bug in VT8233 drivers

If card is in /proc/asound/cards then driver is loaded and working.
Probably Yast will fail to load driver again, because it is already
loaded.

You have probably problem with dev files. Check if there are dev files
in /dev/snd subdir (I think this is default).

Something like this:
crw-------  1 peter root 116, 13 Jan  4 17:03 controlC0
crw-------  1 peter root 116, 20 Jan  4 17:03 controlC1
crw-------  1 peter root 116,  4 Jan  4 17:03 hwC0D0