Re: Update to Audioscience asihpi driver

At Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:55:44 +1300,
Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:

> On Saturday 23 December 2006 01:01, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the patch.  I applied it to HG tree.
>
> Thanks Takashi,
>
> > But, it's basically too big to accept as a single patch.
>
> See below. Sorry about adding to your workload.
>

> > Such a big change is hard to review and trace.  Please submit patches
> > more frequently if possible.  This will make our lives easier :)
>
> We will try!
>
> > Also, the conversion from u16 to HW16 isn't good from the kernel code
> > perspective.  The former is the standard variable type in the kernel
> > code.  I hope they will be reverted again in the future revision.
>
> Aaagh!  My bad.
>
> Here is an updated patch that has been through our "ALSA sanitization"
> process.  It fixes the HW16 etc, and as a result is about 1/3 of the size,
> and I hope a bit easier to review.
>
> http://audioscience.com/internet/download/beta/alsa-driver-hg3207_asihpi30506-2.tar.bz2
> (No change to firmware)
>
> If the previous patch can be backed out of Hg, that would be preferable though
> I understand if it is not possible.

Well, it's a bit too late to back out the last patch, so I prefer
adding the reverting change again.  I applied the latest one on the
top of alsa-driver tree.  Please check HG tree again.

It's nice that you mentioned about firmware since I totally forgot it
:)

Thanks,

Takashi