snd-usb-audio: adding support for X-Box Wireless Communicator

Hi all,
I'm trying to get Alsa to recognise this device, which is actually a USB sound chip (UAC3640) coupled with a CSR BlueCore2 wireless link to the headset. I believe (although might be misguided) that this should 'just work' once Alsa recognises the USB ID's.

I've added it's details to usbquirks.h, but Alsa still does not find it (nothing listed by arecord --list-devices). Where else do/might I need to change?

The other 'interesting' point is that the deviceClass is '120', rather than the more usual '1' (audio device). Again I believe that this is just Microsoft dicking around....

The device has been modified with a USB cable soldered on, there are details (and a lsusb -vvv) at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=3952.

I am doing all this on (X)ubuntu 6.06. Thanks for any comments.
Simon.

The stuff I added to usbquirks.h reads:
---
{
        /*
         * SDW hack for X-Box Communicator
         */
        USB_DEVICE(0x045e, 0x0283),
        .driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const snd_usb_audio_quirk_t) {
                .vendor_name = "Microsoft Corp.",
                .product_name = "",
                .ifnum = QUIRK_ANY_INTERFACE,
                .type = QUIRK_COMPOSITE,
                .data = (const snd_usb_audio_quirk_t[]) {
                        {
                                .ifnum = 0,
                                .type = QUIRK_AUDIO_STANDARD_INTERFACE
                        },