Re: stopping sequencer output queue gracefully

r10 kindsofpeople wrote:
> Is there example code around that shows how to stop MIDI playback
> gracefully?
>
> At present, I'm doing a snd_seq_drop_output() and a snd_seq_stop_queue(),
> and getting some interesting behavior when I try to restart.

What do you mean with "interesting"?

After snd_seq_stop_queue(), you have to call snd_seq_drain_output() to
actually send the stop event.

> I'm also wondering if Alsa does anything to track or handle the stuck notes
> that result, or if my client needs to be responsible for tracking these and
> turning them off before stopping the queue.

A queue is just a tool for delivering events; ALSA doesn't try to
interpret the events sent through it.  Besides, different devices may
have different rules about sending of note-on/note-off events.

I'd just send an All Notes Off message.

HTH
Clemens