Re: [Patch] Audio: Add nvidia HD Audio controllers of MCP67 support to hda_intel.c

At Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:54:12 -0500,
enigma_0Z wrote:

> (I am cc'ing this to alsa-devel because some of us (well mostly tobin)
> were trying to get it working)
>
> Several users of laptop-based nvidia sound hardware (MCP51 mostly)
> have issues with their sound cards, mine included. The problem is that
> there is either:
>
> 1. No headphone output
> 2. No speaker output
> 3. No headphone/speaker controls
> 4. Plugging/unplugging headphones does not automute speakers.
>
> In 1.0.11 and 1.0.12, there are no controls, and only one output is
> on, no matter what is plugged in. In 1.0.13, the option disable_msi=1
> has to be included, or there is an endless loop of the first second or
> so of the audio.

The MSI is disabled again as default in the latest version.

> By patching 1.0.12 or 1.0.13, we can get speaker
> controls,

What patch?

> but not all the time. For me, I have to reboot the system
> once, and then after it comes up warm, all controls exist. On patched
> versions of 1.0.12 and 13, automatically muting speakers/headphones
> does not work.

This is basically independent from the controller chip, but rather
related with the codec chip and its implementation.

Takashi