Too much latency with default:0, problem with period_time on dmix-dsnoop

Hi Takashi, hi all,

I have a problem of too much latency using from C the "default:n"
devices under ALSA (if I understood correctly, this is because the
"default:n" devices uses dmix and dsnoop, and I need dmix and dsnoop,
but dmix and dsnoop have a fixed period_time=125000).

I was able to solve this problem with an asound.conf, specifying the
period_time in both the dmix and dsnoop that constitute the asym that
I made the default.

There is a way to do the same from the command line, in a way similar to:
aplay -D"plug:'dmix:RATE=44100'"

Also (and maybe better), there is a way to "build" a device similar to
the one builded by this asound.conf from the C api?

Any help very much appreciated ;)
Giovanni

My sample asound.conf:

pcm.dmixed {