Re: Asus P5LD2 SE AD1986A snd-hda-intel model and master volume control

At Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:38:45 +0200,
EmIScA wrote:

> To get sound from my Asus P5LD2 SE motherboard (which uses AD1986A
> codec) I had to set model=3stack manually using alsa 1.0.13.
> It works well, but I have no master volume mixer control, why? There is
> a Headphone control which don't control anything. Perhaps I can set the
> volume using the Front control. Is it fixable? Can I  map Front as
> Master? Can I create a master control that controls front, surround,
> center and lfe together?

AD1986A has no real master control.  That is, front, rear and CLFE
have separate volume controls but no master control indeed.

The PCM control affects all channels (intentionally done so).

Takashi