Re: ice1724/Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi

Am Dienstag, 19. September 2006 11:27 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> At Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:11:03 +0200,
> First you should make clear whether the codec chip is connected via
> the vt1724's standard connection or 3-wired SPI connection via GPIO.
> The most boards use the latter method while pontis board uses the
> former.  In the latter case, the address is usually 2 bit, so you can
> do a wild guess more easily.

I figured out that the WM8766 is connected through a 3-wired SPI-connection. I
also figured out that the GPIOs 16,17,18 are used.
pontis.c already includes a SPI-implementation, but according to the WM8766
specs (look at wolfsonmico.com) this device does not await an address, but
only 2 bytes of data: register address/values.
Actually trying to initializing the chip leads to silence, in comparison to
the noise coming out before, when the chip was in default mode.
I assume that there must be some timing problem with the data-transmission or
similiar. I will do some more testing today.
Maybe I'll send in a patch if I can't find a problem, anyway.

-Julian