Re: disabling full duplex in oss emulation

On Monday 14 August 2006 03:23, James C Georgas wrote:
> The problem is a game called Terminus. It spawns separate threads to
> handle each half of the duplex. However, one of the threads has a bug in
> it I think, because it goes into an endless loop and hangs the whole
> app. It works fine with native OSS drivers, because the OSS emu10k1
> driver doesn't implement full duplex, and the program skips spawning the
> thread.
>
> So basically, I need a way to turn off full duplex before running this
> program.

I have posted to this list about 'Linux Duplex bug', which arises because the
OSS control can only set one value for DSP_NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS.  Problems
occur if the duplex stream has different record and playback numbers of
channels.  Just in case this is relevant here, look up the posting.

Alan