Re: disabling full duplex in oss emulation

On Sun, 2006-13-08 at 17:31 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 17:27 -0400, James C Georgas wrote:
> > Is there a way to disable full duplex mode at runtime for OSS emulation?
> > Perhaps a writable /proc entry or an environment variable? I have a
> > SBLive, which uses the emu10k1 driver.
>
> I don't think so.  What problem are you trying to solve?
>
> Lee

The problem is a game called Terminus. It spawns separate threads to
handle each half of the duplex. However, one of the threads has a bug in
it I think, because it goes into an endless loop and hangs the whole
app. It works fine with native OSS drivers, because the OSS emu10k1
driver doesn't implement full duplex, and the program skips spawning the
thread.

So basically, I need a way to turn off full duplex before running this
program.