Re: snd-usb-audio - Driver for M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Quoting Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Peter Oehry wrote:
>> Thibault Le Meur <Thibault.LeMeur@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2. Another interesting thing is that in fact the device sensds the data
>> little endian in 16-Bit mode and big endian in 24-Bit mode.
>
> IIRC other M-Audio devices to that, too.  The reasons seems to be that
> the device is basically big-endian, but the 16-bit interfaces are
> designed to work with Windows' usbaudio.sys.
>
>> For what I think it should be possible to switch modes without restarting
>> the kernel module and switch on and off the device. It should be possible
>> to switch the mode by resetting all interfaces and setting up the new
>> altsets like the windows driver does. This would eventually need a new
>> proc interace
>
> Why proc?
>
> If the configuration needs to be changed at runtime, and if the driver
> cannot do this automatically, a mixer control would be the best solution.

This sounds good to me :-) Is the mixer interace good to understand or
is there some documentation on it? So I could try to do some testing
on that.

Would such a solution be accepted in the driver?

>> How do I know if I also need a quirk for the midi devices?
>
> You need a quirk when there aren't any class-specific descriptors for
> the MIDI port.

Thank you. That will mean that it should work with the Fast Track.
I'll organise a MIDI device and thest this. :-)