Re: cmipci driver locking up linux hard

At Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:14:52 -0700 (PDT),
Christoph Lameter wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > I still don't get it right whether the problem is in the interrupt
> > lockup or it hits some hardware things.  The fact that the lockup
> > happens after playing mp3 sounds like the former, though.
> >
> > Could you check the values of registers CM_REG_INT_STATUS and
> > CM_REG_INT_HLDCLR in snd_cmipci_interrupt() by printk?
>
> Ok. Output was
>
> XXXX cmpci STAT=0x800000c1 INT=0xa010000
>
> Was not able to use the system with this.

Hm, the bits look OK.  Only PCM channel 0 issues irq.
Puzzling...

I'm afraid that it's not in the driver code but some hardware
confliction or hardware bug.  If so, it's likely specific to your
mobo.

Do you have any chance to try this c-media card on another machine?

Takashi