default model for snd-hda-intel doesnt work

Hi,

> If the default configuration doesn't work and one of the above
> matches with your device, report it together with the PCI
> subsystem ID (output of "lspci -nv") to ALSA BTS or alsa-devel
> ML (see the section "Links and Addresses").

I had to use options snd-hda-intel model=6stack position_fix=1 index=0

$ lspci
0000:00:14.2 0403: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 437b (rev 01)

$ lspci -nv

0000:00:14.2 0403: 1002:437b (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 1462:7173
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 201
        Memory at febf8000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-

Hope that helps!

I still got a very annoying problem left though: I cant change the volume using the PCM channel I have to change the volume of Front channel. This is very annoying since all programs with a volume control change the PCM channel which is of no effect.

I would be very glad if you could help me with that.

Please CC me since I am not on the list.

Thanks, Micha