Re: stateful reconnect with snd-usb-audio

At Sat, 17 Jun 2006 02:01:39 -0700,
Sam Revitch wrote:

> The last patch has other problems -- races in mixer_oss/pcm_oss, build
> failures with disable-verbose-procfs, etc.. :-(  To avoid spamming
> this list with another file attachment the latest one is posted here:
>
> http://lsb.blogdns.net/files/snd-disconnect.patch

The patch still has a problem with ac97_codec.c that has also own
lowlevel device.  opl3 and opl4 have to be fixed.

Looking through the patch, I found that unregister callback can be
replaced simply with disconnect + free.  This will remove the
complexity a bit.  I'll try to make another patch based on yours.

Takashi